Customer Engagement & Dynamics CRM Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trying to determine when an Appointment record has been sync'd with Outlook

• 1.  Trying to determine when an Appointment record has been sync'd with Outlook

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Aug 03, 2022 10:49 AM
    I'm trying to figure out a way to determine when an Appointment record has been sync'd with Outlook.  Specifically, I was hoping there might be a way to distinguish when an Appointment record was created/tracking from Outlook versus when created within Dynamics 365.

Thank you,

Bob

------------------------------
    Bob Chang
    CRM Application Developer
    Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
    Bethesda MD

• 2.  RE: Trying to determine when an Appointment record has been sync'd with Outlook

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Aug 04, 2022 03:52 AM
    We have a similar issue with Emails, users often track in the emails days after they are initially received which sets the most of the date fields as that date.  However, I do know that the 'Actual End Date' captures the date and time of receipt.  Our users don't track in Appointments so I don't know whether it's the same there.

The only other issue is the fact that if you then decide you want to sort items in the Timeline component using that field, any other Activity Type records that don't have that field updated e.g. if you have any custom Activities, then they will be moved to the bottom of the list. 

Hope that helps

Matthew Vizor
    Shelter
    London

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role