Customer Engagement & Dynamics CRM Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.Connector for Dynamics 365 V9.1

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Nov 28, 2022 02:49 PM
    Hello,

We upgrade Dynamics V9.0 to V9.1. We facing connection issue to our dynamics 365 V9.1 organizations.
    For example, we want to execute the Powershell commands like usual but they are not working.
    We ran the command "Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass" and select "Yes to ALL" to proceed. This work worked very fine.
    Then we ran the command ".\RegisterXRMTooling.ps1" to register. This also worked very fine.
    Then, we ran "Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.Connector" command to add Xrm connector powershell snapin. And we got the following error: 

Could you help us to resolve this issue?

Also, we  are getting the following errors too:

Note that we were able to connect to V9.0 organizations.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Arsene Sabas
    Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
    Ottawa

• 2.  RE: Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.Connector for Dynamics 365 V9.1

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Nov 29, 2022 10:28 AM
    Hi 

try reinstalling the Package that you've already installed (uninstall and install again please store as backup all the information that you can  )
    Please run PowerShell as Administrator 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47297832/add-pssnapin-microsoft-crm-powershell-not-installed-error
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/dynamicscrm-2016/developers-guide/dn689040(v=crm.8)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

the reason could be that after you installed the new version of dynamics you overwrote some key setting 
    I think that we are talking about dynamics on-premise version

I hope it helps and good luck

Giovanni manunta
    Application Owner MS Dynamics 365 CE

• 3.  RE: Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.Connector for Dynamics 365 V9.1

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Nov 29, 2022 11:23 AM
    Hello,

Thank you very much for your help.
    We already resolved the issue related to the command "Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.Connector".
     But We are still facing the connection issue.

In your reply, you recommended us to reinstall the Package that we have already installed. What package you are talking about? Is it Dynamics 365 V9.1?

Thanks

Arsene Sabas
    Ottawa

• 4.  RE: Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.Connector for Dynamics 365 V9.1

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Nov 30, 2022 12:48 AM
    Hi,

In general if an update does not work properly and I installed a sw version in a sever that does not work properly could be useful uninstall and install again the latest version. the user should install using highest privileges (my feeling is that some key registry are lost)

I suggest you to add more details about the crm version and server version

Good luck and let me know

This e-mail (including attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the sender. Thank you for your cooperation.

• 5.  RE: Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.Connector for Dynamics 365 V9.1

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Nov 30, 2022 08:46 PM
    Hi,

Many thanks for your. 
    The version of dynamics 365 is V9.1.12.17. The server version is windows 2016.
    I post new question today (Connection Issue with our local environment after upgrading to V9.1). I put a lot details inside. You can take a look. It

Arsene Sabas
    Ottawa

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role