Customer Engagement & Dynamics CRM Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Message Center MC454715 · Published Nov 1, 2022 - Power Platform URL's

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 22 days ago
    There was a message in the Message Center that now I can't find.  I can only go back to December, and this one was posted in November. My first question is how do I find messages older than a month?  I have looked at the Preferences to make sure I have nothing blocking it.

2nd question, I will need some help looking into it.  Can anyone help?

MC454715 · Published Nov 1, 2022

Service & monthly active users
    Dynamics 365 Apps‎ (‎53‎) Microsoft Power Automate‎ (‎10‎) ‎Power Apps‎ (‎1‎)

Tag
    ADMIN IMPACT

Message Summary
    Microsoft Power Platform will begin relying on a new cloud service dependency called Power Platform API. This is updated in our documentation available at Power Platform URLs and IP address ranges. The Power Apps End-user and Maker experiences, as well as Power Platform admin center experiences, will leverage this new API internally, as will more Power Platform experiences over time.

How does this affect me?
    This change concerns customers with an in-house firewall rule to restrict network traffic to various URLs or IP addresses. You will want to adjust them to allow this new traffic to flow, otherwise you will experience service interruptions. The new URLs are available here.

In addition, this impacts customers who have employed Azure Active Directory Conditional Access policies targeting the cloud service "Microsoft PowerApps" or "Microsoft Power Platform API". As client experiences (e.g. https://apps.powerapps.com, https://make.powerapps.com or Power Apps mobile clients) adopt 'Power Platform API', Conditional Access policies targeting 'Microsoft PowerApps' will no longer result in the same Conditional Access enforcement.

In commercial cloud, these are the cloud services being referenced and their corresponding application ids:
    'Microsoft PowerApps' application id: 475226c6-020e-4fb2-8a90-7a972cbfc1d4
    'Power Platform API' application id: 8578e004-a5c6-46e7-913e-12f58912df43
    Please note, the cloud service dependency change is occurring in all clouds.

Action needed:
    Evaluate adding the cloud service 'Power Platform API' to your Conditional Access policies, and updated URLs to your firewall rules. This cloud service is now available in Azure portal Conditional Access experiences to add and remove it from policies.

Please contact Microsoft Support if you need further assistance.

------------------------------
    Tina Silver
    Sr BSA, CSM®
    SR Smith, LLC
    Canby OR

• 2.  RE: Message Center MC454715 · Published Nov 1, 2022 - Power Platform URL's

Posted 21 days ago
    In my Message Center, the messages go back to February 2022, and I don't see a message with id MC454715.  There are two messages on November 1, 2022:
    MC454804 - MIcrosoft 365 Apps, Microsoft 365 Suite, Microsoft Teams
    MC454802 - One Drive for Business

When sorting by id, it jumps from MC454504 to MC454797.  I still had the email with that # in it,but when I click the link, there's no details in the Message Center - 

Attention required: New Power Platform URLs used by Power Apps and Power Platform admin center

MC454715 | November 1 - Microsoft Power Platform will begin relying on a new cloud service dependency called Power Platform API. This is updated in our documentation available at Power Platform URLs and IP address ranges. The Power Apps End-user and Maker experiences, as well as Power Platform admin center experiences, will leverage this new API internally, as will more Power Platform experiences over time. How does this affect me? This change concerns customers with an in-house firewall rule to restrict network...
    View more

They must have deleted this one, I expect.  Hope this is helpful.
    Cynthia

Cynthia Lagueux
    Special Olympics Canada
    ON

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role