Customer Engagement & Dynamics CRM Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Generate an email on X date

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Jul 01, 2022 08:00 PM

Hi there! We are fairly new to D365 cloud - been up on there for a year now. (We are currently on 2022 wave 1.) I have a request to make a date / time field generate an email if within, say, 45 days of expiration. The old business processes model can't really do this - it appears I can do this with Flow. However I am really confused if I have to purchase a separate license for this or not. (This MS article seems to imply that I don't need it but yet, when I click the Flow button in the toolbar, it takes me to a page indicating that I need to purchase something...) We have a service account that is licensed - can I build the flow with that? This thing would run like once a month - it's more informational than mission critical business need so it doesn't need to run daily. 

On another note, if you have any favorite Flow resources to share, I'd love to check them out. This is a new realm for us. ;)  

------------------------------
    Gretchen Garcia
    Systems Administrator
    Denver Public Library
    Denver CO

• 2.  RE: Generate an email on X date

Posted Jul 04, 2022 11:18 AM
    Flow is included for every lic d365 user

You creat a flow working a solution and give it an owner and a connection reference and then you can deploy it across your env. As you do other customization.

Reach out after the 4th and I can talk to you more about it.

Sent from my iPhone
    Cole Haddock

• 3.  RE: Generate an email on X date

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Jul 05, 2022 02:09 PM
    Thanks Cole that would be great! :) I appreciate it!

Gretchen Garcia
    Systems Administrator
    Denver Public Library
    Denver CO

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role