Customer Engagement & Dynamics CRM Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Dynamics 365 App for Outlook - Create an Opportunity

Posted Aug 02, 2022 04:33 PM
    We are rolling out the updated Dynamics 365 App for Outlook to a few Sales users. One common pain point is the inability to convert an email to an Opportunity. The only buttons for this functionality are to create an Account, Contact, or Lead.

We have walked through the steps of creating a new Opportunity from the App, but it doesn't bring anything in based on the email they are on. At the very least, I would expect the Contact and Account to prepopulate if they were already created. 

I did some digging online and only found the old version of the App with the "Convert To" dropdown with Opportunity as an option. We want to roll this App out globally, but this lack of functionality makes it difficult for user adoption. Does anyone have any tricks on how we can add the option to create the Opportunity from an email easily?

------------------------------
    Becky Beaucher
    Systems Business Analyst III
    A.W. Chesterton Company
    Groveland MA

• 2.  RE: Dynamics 365 App for Outlook - Create an Opportunity

Posted Aug 03, 2022 05:45 AM
    Edited by Manuel Ruiz Aug 03, 2022 06:04 AM
    Salut Becky,

I suggest to you:
    • Create a new Boolean Field [Quick Create Oppo from Lead] for creating a new Opportunity directly from the OOB Outlook Form
    • Use Power Automate to qualify the Lead if the [Quick Create Oppo from Lead] is true. You can use an OOB Dataverse Bound action called [Qualify Lead]
    If you really need the Opportunity Creation  Button because the workaround proposed is not enough, I suggest to create a ticket and discuss It with the Product Team. I'm quite sure they will add It again if many Partners ask for It.

Regards

Manuel Ruiz
    ACICATECH

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role