Install went fine and imported org fine as part of the install process, but then when we clicked Upgrade Org we got the following error:
10:22:05| Info| CrmAction execution time; UpgradeDatabaseAction; 00:01:04.6766865
10:22:05| Error| Installer Complete: OrganizationUpgrader - Error encountered
10:22:05| Error| Exception occurred during Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.OrganizationUpgrader: Error.ActionFailed Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.UpgradeDatabaseAction
Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Error in Action: Bin\Microsoft.Crm.DataUpgrade.dll:TrackCustomDatabaseObjects on attempt 3. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Did a little research and found someone with the same error suggesting to install these two items:
We did that and reran upgrade process and still got the same error.
Now when we try to reimport the org we a long list of errors about columns that are marked as "inconsistent with Dynamics 365 columns".
remark: deleted column
If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role