CRM App for Outlook
CRM App for Outlook is a lightweight Office app that you can use
together with Outlook 2013 or Outlook Web App (included with Office 365)
to track incoming email in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
it could only be done with Outlook Client for MSCRM installed on your
desktop. Now, with this app, you will be able to track emails while
accessing outlook web client. When Microsoft Dynamics CRM is installed,
CRM data appears inline next to your Outlook email messages.
With Dynamics CRM App for Outlook, you can:
- Track an incoming email message against an existing record in CRM, as long as you have access to a browser
- Create the record from within the app
- Open CRM records directly from within the email
- Create CRM contact or lead records for people on the From list
that aren't already included in the CRM database. You can also create
new CRM records for any entity (record type), as long as the entity has
been enabled for mobile and for multi-entity search.
information about contacts and leads stored in CRM. For example, you
can find a number or company name for a contact or lead, or preview the
last and next activities for a contact or lead.
Following are some prerequisites for installing and using CRM App for Outlook:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM App for Outlook is available as a Preview feature for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 Update 1.
- Your organization must use CRM Online, and Dynamics CRM 2015 Update 1 must be installed.
- Your organization must use Exchange Online for email processing.
- Your organization must synchronize email through server-side synchronization.
- The system administrator must set up specific security roles.
- The system administrator must enable the Dynamics CRM App for Outlook Preview feature.
- The system administrator must add Dynamics CRM App for Outlook to your Exchange Online service.
- Dynamics CRM App for Outlook with Outlook Web App can be used on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 10 or Internet Explorer 11
- Google Chrome version 41 or later
- Preview features are not supported by Microsoft Support and are available on a “preview” basis so customers can get early access and provide feedback.
- This have limited or restricted functionality.
- May be available only in selected geographic areas.
Configure email processing using Server-Side- Synchronization
Set up email processing through server-side synchronization
Enable the Dynamics CRM App for Outlook Preview feature in CRM
- Go to Settings-->Administration-->System Settings.
- Open System Settings and Enable the Microsoft Dynamics CRM App for Outlook Preview.
Assign Required Privileges to Security Roles
enable any user with a security role to use this feature, you need to
give following privileges at Organization Level to the security roles.
- CRM for mobile
- Use CRM for Office Apps
Add Dynamics CRM App for Outlook to Exchange Online Service
- Go to Office 365 settings-->Manage add-ins
- Select Add from Office Store.
- Search for and add & install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook app.
- Once the app is installed, refresh the list, select the app, and then choose Edit.
- Choose how you want to deploy Dynamics CRM App for Outlook to your users.
- Choose Save to enable the app for your organization
Access Dynamics CRM App for Outlook after setup:
- After setup by system admin, you will be able to see Dynamics CRM tab in the Outlook reading pane.
- You need to click on Dynamics CRM tab to check CRM data.
Any queries or more assistance required? Contact us at http://www.crmboys.com/#UserGroupResources #Technical #SpecialInterestGroup #CRMOnline #Marketing #CRM2015 #PublicSector #Admin #Admin #Admin #PartnerSolutions #Telecommunications
#OnlineChanges #Retail #Construction #UserAdoption #Technical #Sales #PublicSector #Technical#CustomerEngagement