Message Image  

Customer Engagement & Dynamics CRM Forum

Expand all | Collapse all

Can't remove custom control dependency on form

  • 1.  Can't remove custom control dependency on form

    SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Jul 16, 2021 04:09 PM

    I'm having an issue with a dependency on a custom control I've installed and used in a couple forms.

    I first imported a managed solution of the control in Dev and tested it out. A couple weeks later I imported an updated version of the control. It was working great until I tried to export my solution. There was a missing dependency on a part of upgraded control, which seemed strange. Still not sure why that happened.

    To fix this, I tried deleting the control solution but the following dependency came up:

    This says it's Required By my TABLE NAME (Form). This is NOT the name of the form it was on. I've never seen a dependency like this before so not sure how to fix it. I tried removing the control from the subgrids it was on and was able to export it from Dev and import into Test, but now the control doesn't work at all.

    I've tried:

    • Reimporting the solution into Test
    • Deleting the subgrids entirely
    • Deleing the form it was on

    None of this fixed the control not working in Test nor did it remove the dependency.

    I've reached out to the developer who said there may be an older version installed in the environments but haven't heard anything else from him yet.

    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!



    ------------------------------
    Lucas Hewitt
    Enterprise Application Specialist
    Ethnos360
    ------------------------------


  • 2.  RE: Can't remove custom control dependency on form

    SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Jul 22, 2021 05:23 PM
    Brief update:

    I was never able to remove the dependency without deleting the table entirely. Since the issue that was causing me to try and remove the dependency was in TEST, I felt comfortable doing this. Once this was done, I deleted the custom control solution, re-imported it and published all customizations.

    Then in DEV, I added all required components for the table in question, re-exported/imported into TEST and the issue was fixed.

    ------------------------------
    Lucas Hewitt
    Enterprise Application Specialist
    Ethnos360
    ------------------------------



If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role